The Redwoods Program is named after the strong Redwood trees that grow in Northern California. Transplanting debilitates them. Raising them from seed to sapling endows longevity. The process by which these trees are cultivated from seeds to their current strong and tall stature is analogous to how DaVita wants to help grow its future leaders from universities across the nation. The Redwoods Leadership Development Program provides unparalleled development experience, mentorship by senior management, and training that will empower your development into a great leader.
What does DaVita do?
A leading provider of dialysis services in the United States, DaVita Kidney Care treats patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of June 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,420 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 196,000 patients. The company also operated 127 outpatient dialysis centers located in 12 countries outside the United States.
Strategic Business Initiatives (SBIs)
DaVita has many internal entrepreneurial startups with a track record of innovation, touching several lanes in healthcare. Click on the links to learn more.
- DaVita Labs: A CLIA certified Lab that employs 500+ teammates to perform End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) laboratory testing.
- DaVita Rx: Started in 2005 to support DaVita Kidneycare (and other clients) to ensure patient access and adherence to prescribed medications. Patients using Rx have been shown to have reductions in hospitalizations, healthcare costs, and mortality.
- VillageHealth: Offers care and case management services to hospitals and payors looking improve patient care of Chronic Kidney Disease. Patients receive 24/7 access to a VillageHealth nurse, Medication review and support, Care coordination with providers, Health coaching and education for patients, family and caregivers.
- Nephrology Practice Solutions: Develops and offers professional management solutions, billing and collections services, and technology solutions for nephrologists
- Lifeline Vascular Access: Operates 70+ vascular access outpatient clinics that complete dialysis vein access surgeries.
- DaVita Clinical Research: Providing key research to both external companies and internally that improve kidney care clinical protocols and outcomes.
- Paladina Health: Partners with companies to build and operate primary care outpatient centers, with the goal of providing better access to primary care while reducing costs up to 70%.